The Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS) is a world-renowned research, collecting and publishing organisation. We promote knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island cultures, traditions, languages and stories, past and present. We employ a skilled and diverse workforce to meet the needs of our organisation.
At AIATSIS we recognise that our employees and volunteers are our most valuable asset, which is why you can expect to be:
- Inspired - as a member of our team you will work with the world's largest archive of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage collections, at the forefront of Indigenous research and leaders in preserving and strengthening Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island cultures.
- Empowered - we want you to reach your full potential and we'll help you get there. We offer opportunities for further education, professional development and study assistance. You can also expect personal development planning activities and to work in a supportive learning environment.
- Supported - your health, safety and wellbeing is important to us. We understand that you will work best when you have a healthy work-life balance and can attend to your family commitments. We offer flexible working conditions, competitive leave entitlements and health and wellbeing programs.
- Respected - you will have unique qualities to contribute to our team and we'll appreciate them. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace culture that values diversity, fosters inclusiveness and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all employees.
- Valued - your contribution as an employee or volunteer is important to us. You contribute to the success of our Institute. Your enthusiasm and passion make us a great place to work. You are the strongest advocate for the work we do.
View our current vacancies.
If you have questions or require further information about a current vacancy, please contact the person listed in the position documentation.
To make sure that your application is as thorough as possible, check out How to Apply.
If there aren't any current vacancies, or they don't meet your employment requirements, you can still be in the running for a role at AIATSIS. Head over to the Temporary Employment Register to see how to apply.
Find out why our staff love to work at AIATSIS in the short video below.